Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Cravings: a 85mm f1.2

I've been into art and photography ever since I was young, having developed my own film from a dummy camera at the age of 8, I fell in love with how a camera can distort the photos in some exquisite manners. Unfortunately, DSLR these days cost an arm and a leg. But when I finally saved up enough money to purchase a decently made camera, I used it to its full advantage and lugged it around while traveling. This is probably one of my favorite pieces: 

Brooklyn Bridge, New York, NY

But if you know a thing or two about photography, the better then lens, the better the photo; the better the lens, the more expensive it is. Thus my next goal: save up for the Canon 85mm f1.2.





This baby is a thing of beauty. 

What kind of lens are you loving?


32 comments:

Jessa Belle said...

None... =(  I have been dying to get myself a real camera but ::sigh:: no such success.  Soon I will be lusting for lenses but first I need something to use them with!  =D  Beautiful photo!

Love & Lollies...♥Confessions of the Cupcake Countessa

Allaboutthestyle said...

Great lens !

ngoni said...

Great lens
FollowingNRC ♥

Girlie Blogger said...

I want a good camera too. Would love to look into this one.
Isn't the Brooklyn Bridge gorgeous? I love how it stretches from the city.

http://www.thegirlieblog.com

Myminibag said...

The Cannon 85mm f1.2 would be nice. The picture of the bridge is amazing. I love how the light reflects in the water.

Thanks for dropping by my blog. Please visit again soon and follow if you have the chance.

I am a new follower. Love your posts!

Pop of Style said...

Gorgeous photo. Just bought my first DSLR camera and have a 50mm lens on the way. Would love to have this lens! :)
xoMissy
http://www.popofstyle.com

Mishi said...

Beautiful picture! I think for me, one thing that I really look for in a camera is low-light performance. I hate having crappy night time photos. LOL I guess a tripod helps too. Thanks for sharing.. I hope you'll get your camera soon.  *following* <3,  www.mishialamode.com 

Rachel said...

omg so expensive *o* but so beautiful~ I hope you'll be able to get it soon! and then you can share your pretty photos with us! :)

Cee Cee said...

I agree, for low light photography I usually decrease the ISO and the aperture in order to capture the element of surprise :)

Cee Cee said...

I know..one day! Saving up penny by penny :)

Cee Cee said...

Did you order a 50mm f1.8? That was my first lens! Love macro lenses, I'm sure you'll have so much fun with it :)

Cee Cee said...

If you are just beginning, I would recommend the Canon RebelX for camera body, you can probably find it second hand for around $400, which is reasonably priced for an entry DSLR :)

anna kim said...

Omg I am completely in awe of that amazing photo..just had to stare at it for a while. Wow good quality cameras and lens' can seriously do so much for a photo, it's unbelievable.

x
Anna

feedmenana.blogspot.com

Reg Rodriguez said...

that photo is sublime!!! i wish i had an slr, i'm just using a canon powershot :) hope you get your lens soon!

xx
Reg
www.heyrocketgirl.com

Joyce said...

The photo is stunning, I love it :) hmm I really need 50mm lens...

Grace Lee said...

Oh my gosh. That shot is AMAZING. You are seriously talented. I've always wanted one of those professional cameras to take stunning shots like these as well!

xo
http://hautecouture3.blogspot.com

Sam said...

That shot is amazing! Wow, I can't get over how wonderful it is!

Sam

Bridg said...

great shot, nice work! just bought my first SLR myself, and trying to get some practice in - would love to capture shots like yours! let us know if you have any tips! ;)

www.phoandchips.com

Sophie said...

that is such an incredible photo! i lovee it. im saving up for the nikon 85mm lens :)

just found your blog. im following x

Hannah said...

that photograph is so beautiful...i'm aching to finally buy a good camera and lense. always something to save for. : ) 

Camilla said...

I'm so crushing on the Nikon 50mm 1.4 ! :)

www.intothefoldfashion.com

Wan8msy said...

nice pics im having versace n hnm giveaway come join
http://mwanwan.blogspot.com

Barbarasteen said...

that is a great picture! nice
http://www.badbarbara.com

Bunnie said...

That's a beautiful picture. I'm actually looking into getting a camera right now, but I don't want to spend an arm and a leg. I've been using a good ol' point and shoot for everything so far! It really sucks. 

Michelle Lee said...

i want a new camera :)

your newest follower Michelle
http://pinklemonincrystal.blogspot.com

Meekay said...

Hi! China Doll Boutique do ship internationally to US!
Go check out their stuff, hope you find something! The dress I had on was called Harvey.

www.chinadollboutique.com


http://thefashioninbox.blogspot.com

Mary said...

Amazing photo of Brooklyn bridge!
I like portrait lenses and superzooms wich i dream about!

http://acupofmary.blogspot.com/

Ellenmmac said...

i personally love my telescopic lense!

x

shopstyleconquer.blogspot.com
shopstyleconquer.blogspot.com
shopstyleconquer.blogspot.com

ceciliarios1a said...

omg thats an AMAZING truly amazing picture!

Viviennebeard said...

I would love to be able to take photos like that!
Right now I use the Canon Power shot IS, and I'm loving it!
I hope to upgrade soon to the Canon EOS! My favourite lens is the 50mm :)

Much love, Vivi

Sangy_g said...

while its true that a better lens can give you a better picture, it does't make you a better photographer. I know people who are amazing photographers with the most basic camera and lens!

Cee Cee said...

Agreed, beauty is in the eyes of the beholder.