Xiao Long Bao, more widely known as XLB or small shrimp buns (dumplings) originated from Eastern China. These babies are made with pork and wrapped in partially raised flour so that the skin is soft and somewhat translucent. The last time I had Xiao Long Bao was in China about two years ago, and when I discovered Din Tai Fung in Arcadia, California, it became my go-to spot when I crave food from home.
After I landed in Southern California on Thursday night after a very turbulent flight due to the Santa Ana wind, I woke up on Friday and headed straight to Arcadia.

We arrived at DTF at around 11:45 am, merely 45 minutes after opening. The wait for a party of two was already 20 minutes.

"Xiao Cai." Literally means "little dish/vegetable." Made with sea weed, dried bean curd and sprout.

These came out five minutes after we sat down and ordered.

Delicious soup filled inside the dumplings.
I hope you are enjoying your holidays. It's 70s in Southern California right now, we sure won't get a White Christmas here, but hey - I'm not complaining.
2 comments:
damn Ceecee that looks so bomb!! I've been dying to try that place
hey, ceecee--amazing photos. they look so good! enjoyed browsing, and your style is lovely. new follower on google, and hope to stay connected. cheers!
jasmine
adamalexmommy.com
Post a Comment