This past weekend, I went home for my mom's birthday. I decided to make her some cake pops, recorded the whole process and made an instructional video on how I made mine. It took a long time making the video and editing it, but it was actually really fun - although I felt awkward talking to the camera.
Ingredients (I bought these from my local Albertson's):

- Pillsbury Funfetti cake mix
- Pillsbury Creamy Supreme strawberry frosting
- Baker's semi-sweet baking chocolate squares
- Cake pop sticks (I purchased mine from Amazon)
Instructions
1. Bake the cake according to the instructions on the back of the cake mix box.
2. Completely cool the cake.
3. Break the cake and crumble it into fine pieces.
4. Add about half a can of frosting, mix well into the crumbled cake.
5. Roll the frosting and cake mix into ping-pong ball sized shapes, freeze them in the freezer for about 30 to 45 minutes.
6. Melt your chocolate squares according to the instructions on the box, take out your cake balls.
7. Dip the sticks into the warm chocolate melt, and stick it into the cake balls. Repeat for every single ball.
8. Coat the frozen cake balls by rolling it in the warm chocolate melt, gently tap off the excess.
9. Stick these coated cake pops into a large block of Styrofoam, so that they can dry upright.
10. For decoration purposes, you can also tap some sprinkles on to the just-coated cake balls.



1 comment:
thanks for the video tutorial. im always so overwhelmed when reading about how to make cake pops! your method makes it look fun & easy!
Post a Comment